About the Journal
Aim & Scope
The International Journal of Creative Multimedia (IJCM) is a double blind peer-reviewed open-access journal published bi-annually (April & September). The journal is devoted to publish research papers in all fields of creative multimedia, including Digital Learning; Media, Arts & Technology; Games & Virtual Reality, Cinema & Film Studies; Computer Graphics, Animation & Visual Effects and Visual Design & Communication. It aims to provide an international forum for the exchange of ideas and findings from researchers across different cultures, and encourages research on the impact of social, cultural and technological factors on creative multimedia theory and practice. It also seeks to promote the transfer of knowledge between professionals in academia and industry by emphasising research where results are of interest or applicable to creative multimedia practices. We welcome all kinds of papers that connect academic researches with practical and industrial context in the field of creative multimedia. The scope of the IJCM is in the broad areas of Creative Multimedia following the five major thematic streams, includes but not limited to:
- Digital Learning: Innovative Teaching and Learning Strategies, Learning Spaces, Problem-solving Learning, Authentic Learning, etc.
- Media, Arts and Technology: Impact of the technological and scientific developments on the art, design, communication and creativity, etc.
- Games and Virtual Reality: Motion Sensors, Computer Graphics, Multimodal Display Technology and Interaction, etc.
- Cinema and Film Studies: Film & Society, Film Criticism, Film Theory & Philosophy, Malaysian & Southeast Asian Cinema, etc.
- Computer Graphics, Animation and Visual Effects: Modelling, Rendering, Computer Animation, Motion Graphics & Design, etc.
- Visual Design and Communication: Advertising Content, Creative Process, Elements & Principles of Design, etc.
The readerships for IJCM are worldwide researchers and specialists who are peers of the contributors. A general but educated and well-read audience are intended audience for this journal.